Notice Regarding Coronavirus
You can view our Youtube channel here, where we are currently uploading our service videos due to the ongoing Covid-19 crisis. According to recent government guidelines we should be meeting again physically (DV) from July 5th.
In response to the Prime Minister’s announcement on Monday 16th March, we have decided that it is right to cancel all meetings and gatherings associated with Iden Green Congregational Church until further notice.
During this time of increased isolation, please:
- Do make every effort to stay in touch with each other
- Share prayer requests, either directly with others, or using the IGCC What’sApp group or via the elders Tobin Bird on 07771 710 134 or Nigel Gray on 07881 952 880
- Let Andrew Barrett or David Knott know if you have any particular needs of practical help that we may be able to assist with.
- Keep an eye out for those around you who might be in need.
Clearly this is a moving situation and there will be many developments. We will inform you of any changes that we think necessary.
Please do be in prayer for our government at this time and pray most of all that the work of the gospel won’t be hindered by this situation, rather that we would discover more opportunities to live out our faith as a result of what we are going through, and that through our lives, Jesus may be glorified.
Finally, we should remember that we serve a God who brings hope, peace and security, come what may. He calls us to love one another too, as Christ cares for His church. We believe that no matter what, God is there for all people, and faith in Jesus as our Saviour and Lord is what gives us the greatest protection and hope, in life, death, and in any trouble we face.
“God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble”
“How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? And how can anyone preach unless they are sent?” Romans 10:14-15
Tobin Bird & Nigel Gray – Elders
From May 11th, government recommendations are –
We can all help control the virus if we all stay alert. This means you must:
- stay at home as much as possible
- work from home if you can
- limit contact with other people
- keep your distance if you go out (2 metres apart where possible)
- wash your hands regularly
Do not leave home if you or anyone in your household has symptoms.